Splitboardcamp Lizumer Hut
... basic knowledge for your splitboard tour
The Lizumer hut in the Tuxer alps, is a dreamlike ski touring paradise with snow guarantee. The surrounding mountains are ideal for practising and gaining experience of splitboarding. The comfortable hut is situated at 2019 m and offers a large terrain for exciting powder runs and ascents up till 900 metres. Easy or hard, all different levels of splitboard tours are available. Our mountain guide will expertly help you to improve your technique. Together you will by studying the weather and avalanche forecast learn how to plan a perfect splitboard tour in order to enjoy the best ascent and descents.
Program 5 days
At 10:00 am you meet your mountain guide at the parking lot Walchen. After a short material check, we ascend to the Lizumer hut which takes approx. 3 hours on the winter route. Once we have arrived, we will talk about the course procedure and begin the course with the basic avalanche victim search knowledge. Ascent 600 metres.
Day 2 – 4:
The following days include a lot of training: finding the best track, practise perfect powder technique in untracked terrain, avalanche victim search basic knowledge & training, snow and avalanche knowledge, interpretation of the avalanche & weather prognosis, tour planning with the implication of alpine dangers, orientation with maps and modern apps, the ideal equipment for ski touring and how to find the best snow quality for the descent.
Splitboard goals around the hut: Torspitze 2663m, Geier 2857m, Torwand 2768m, Sonnenspitze 2619m etc... Ascent 800 metres - descent 800 metres
We will spend the last day doing a small splitboad tour and we will do a revision of the course. After that we descend together to the parking lot Walchen. Course ends approx. 16:00 pm.
- 5 days of organization and guiding by a state certified mountain and ski guide
- 4 nights with half board at the Lizumer hut
- Rental of avalanche transceiver, probe & shovel
- Education document Safety Academy
- Lecture about weather & avalanches
- European travel insurance – on request we can send you an offer
- Splitboard equipment
- Rental Ortovox ABS 5 days € 50,-
In the heart of the Tuxer (ski) Alps
Good food from Lizumer and cellar
* Tyrolean cuisine with delicacies and Tyrolean specialties
* "That's how the mountains taste"
* Special half board, inexpensive AV mountain climbing meal
* Breakfast buffet: coffee or tea, bread (bread and black bread), butter, jam, cheese, sausage, marmot
* Coffee: in seven variations
* 4 course evening menu, choice of meat or vegetarian. Breakfast buffet, free tee for the tour
* Gluten-free or vegan possible, extra charge € 3,00
All important information
Fitness for ascents up till 800 metres. You should be able to do safe and confident parallel turns. No ski touring experience necessary.
10.02. - 14.02.2020
02.03. - 06.03.2020
23.03. - 27.03.2020
further dates on request
10:00 am parking lot Walchen (military training area) Lizum
Minimum: 4 - 8 people per guide
Price: € 790, - per person
Book a winter activity until 30.11.2019 and you get 5 % discount!