Ski touring trip to Canada - Burnie Hut
Canada Powder in the Coast Mountains
The Burnie-Hut is exactly what every mountaineer dreams of. Peaceful, calm and secluded in the middle of the mountains, at the border of a forest in which carved trees are found with stories of the native inhabitants. Besides you and your friends, there are no others anywhere close by. In winter, there lay meters of snow, while in summer these fields are full of flowers. The perfect spot for some unforgettable Ski tour experience.
There is no road or path that leads into these mountains. In the winter we reach it by helicopter, in summer by seaplane. To reach the hut after landing, we have built a 15km path with 3 stable bridges over the glacier creeks.
You will be very surprised by the food and accommodation! No itchy rugs and stuffed camps, but very comfortable and clean beds. No food served from cans, but tasty and good prepared menus. On top we do not have to get water from a single, cold water tap, but we can enjoy a heated cedar sauna
1. Day: Flight from Munich over Vancouver to Smithers. Transfer to the Hotel, Overnight stay
2. Day: In the morning we fly by helicopter to the Burnie Glacier hut. After sorting out and settling into the hut, we start the first ski tour in the Coast Mountains
3.- 9. Day: Our daily ski tours start directly at the hut. The Howson Range offers ski tours in different levels.
9. Day: We say goodbye to the Burnie hut and the helicopter takes us back to Smithers after the last ski tour. Overnight stay in the hotel
10. Tag: Flight from Smithers over Vancouver to Munich
11. Tag: Arrival in Munich, return home
All important information
You should have experience going on ski tours
and able to deal with all different snow types.
A fitness to manage 800-1700hm
February & March 2019
No. of Participants
min. 7 - 11 people
Tickets for the flight
Alcoholic beverages in the hut
€ 3.495,- per person
- Organization and guiding od a IVBV Mountain and Ski guide
- Organization Flight to Smithers
- 7 x Overnight stay full board in the Burnie hut in a 2 - 4-person bedroom
- 2 x Overnight stay with half board in double rooms in Smithers
- Transfer on site ( Airport - Hotel, etc. )
- Helicopter flight to/from the hut
- Technical equipment
- Emergency equipment
- Individual arrangement possibilities.
- A selection of tours with the best and safest conditions
- Friendly service and support
€ 3.495,- per person
DOWNLOAD as PDF file
(general information, equimpent lists, useful links and more)
You should register as early as possible to reserve your desired date. After we have received your registration, you will get a written confirmation. We then ask you to make a deposit. The remaining balance will be due on-site at the beginning of the tour.