Ski & Sail Northern Norway
... Sail from Tromso to the best back country skiing locations
The Ski and Sail Trip is a unique and spectacular way of elegantly discovering the fjords and the mountain world of Norway from a yacht with skis. In Tromsö we set sail with our exclusive yacht and explore the ski touring mountains of the Lyngen Alps. Every day we will moor the yacht in lonely bays and fishing villages to start our ski tours in a breathtakingly beautiful landscape. The afternoons can be spent leisurely in the hot tub on deck, fishing or enjoying a glass of wine as we sail through the Norwegian fjords.
Flight from Oslo to Tromsö, followed by a short transfer to the harbour. Here the skipper awaits us at 18:00 to board the yacht. The first night we stay in the Tromsö harbour where the crew serves us our first dinner. Lonely bays and rarely frequented ski touring mountains are the destinations of our Ski & Sail Tour from now on.
Day 2 - 6:
Ski & Sail in the Lyngen and Senja areas. After a hearty breakfast, we grab a lunch package before we are brought to the shore by a dinghy. Numerous ski tours await us here. Dinner will be ready for us when we return to the boat. At night we will either drop anchor or dock in the harbour.
Return to starting point Tromsø by 11:00 for the homebound journeys.
The destinations of our Ski & Sail Tour are flexible and will be planned and altered daily by the mountain guide and skipper according to the conditions.
Included in the price
- Organisation by the tour operator Mountain Sports
- Certified Mountain Guide UIAGM - IFMGA
- All boat related costs, dinghy, 2 crew members, passenger insurance, meals and snacks, coffee and tea, sleeping accommodations, bedding linen, towels, toiletries, housekeeping, underwater drone footage, DIY massage/stretching equipment, & Wi-Fi. The crew members cook, clean, and sail for the guests. Guests can participate in sailing if they desire.
- Hot tub
- 5 sleeping cabins for 2 people each
- 1 guest shower and 1 guest toilet to be shared by all guests
- The boat can sail 12 hours every day and for the remainder of the day it will be docked or anchored
Not included in the price
- Alcohol may be purchased onboard and is not allowed to be brought by the passengers
- Ski gear/equipment, mountain safety gear/equipment Transportation to/from starting point
- Costs of any land-based activities that the guests do on their own (stores, museum, bars, spas, hotel before/after tour, etc.)
- European travel insurance – on request, we can send you an offer
Good to know
Start and End Location:
Tromso: Floating dock by Clarion Collection Hotel With
Up to 8 guests + 1-2 mountain guides
Ski tour trip in small groups with a maximum of 8 persons!
Tour Dates & Schedule for 2020
Sunday 6pm to Saturday 11am (7 days)
Depart Sunday, Ski & Sail Monday through Friday, Return Saturday
Vegan and Vegetarian options available
Beer and wine may be purchased onboard
Arrival on the last day of the journey approx. 1 hour before departure
Please bring minimal luggage in a duffel type bag and ski & sailing appropriate clothing
Personal travel insurance is required for this tour
Our Sailing Yacht:
An extraordinary unique, high quality ship with generous space. Our skipper was a Sea Captain for the Royal Norwegian Navy for 25 years
29.03. - 04.04.2020
19.04. - 25.04.2020
26.04. - 02.05.2020
1 mountain guide 6 people € 2950,- per person
2 mountain guides 8 people € 2600,- per person
DOWNLOAD as PDF file
(general information, equimpent lists, useful links and more)