Freeride camp Pitztal
Freeriding in the glaciated high mountains
The royal discipline freeriding & high tour skiing, around the highest mountain of Tirol of the Wildspitze 3770m. The king lines in the Pitztal are high alpine freeride runs in steep gutters, which guide us partially over fissured glaciers and exposed ridges into hidden valleys. The terrain offers endless possibilities and the runs are diversified as in almost no other resort. With ski lifts and short ascents with ski skins, the untouched slopes and descents are reached. The high light of this tour will be the ascent of the Wildspitze, the highest mountain of Tirol and its spectacular descent over the Taschachgletscher.
Program 5 days
1. day: Arrival until 17:00pm at the Hotel Garni Andreas Hofer. Greeting of the participants by the mountain guide and hotel check-in. Chat about the program procedure & handing out the safety material LVS, shovel, probe and avalanche backpack.
2. day: Actual weather and avalanche forecast. Update avalanche awareness, full day of freeriding and practical coaching off piste. Safety measures, slope evaluation, ascending track system, safety relevant measures during powder runs.
3. day: Actual weather and avalanche forecast. Full day of freeriding and practical coaching for freeride runs on glaciated mountains. In the evening: lecture about weather and avalanche.
4. day: Actual weather and avalanche forecast. Full day of freeriding on glaciers and practical exercises.
5. day: Highlight of the week. The ascendance of the Wildspitze on 3.774 m. With the lift up, followed by a long descent over the Taschachgletscher. Goodbyes and journey back home around 16:00 clock.
Includet in the price
- 5 days organisation and guiding by a state-proved mountain & ski guide
- Individuell program
- 4 nights with breakfast in a double room
- Rental equipment LVS, probe & shovel
- Glacier equiment, crampons, harness, ice device
- Lift pass
- Catering, dinner
- Surcharge single room € 80,- per person
- European travel insurance – on request, you can receive an offer from us
- Optional: Freeride ski can be rented on site
- In the ski rental PitzRentTal (we receive a discount of 20%)
All important information
Freeride level 2-3
A key success factor is a good conditional condition. Ski tour experience is not necessary but beneficial. Climbs with skins up to 800 meters altitude. Good skiing technique off the piste
09. - 13.03.2019
23. - 27.03.2019
further dates on request
17:00pm at the Hotel Garni Andreas Hofer
4 - 8 people per guide
from € 990, - per person
You should register as early as possible to reserve your desired date. After we have received your registration, you will get a written confirmation. We then ask you to make a deposit. The remaining balance will be due on-site at the beginning of the tour.
Book a winter activity until 30st November 2018 and you get 5 % discount!