Leave the slopes behind, start your first ski tour
Beginner course for ski touring with ski technique training
This basic course with ski technique training is the perfect start into a ski touring career. You bring enthusiasm for snowy mountains and confident skiing on slopes, with a bit of fitness for ascents; then you have all that is needed for your first ski tour. Enjoy our diversified beginner program far away from the daily stress and hectic in the comfortable Hotel Almhof Roswitha in Hochschwendberg / Schwendau.
Program 4 days
1. day: Meeting point at 09:00am at the alpine school Mountain Sports. Greeting and material check, followed by the transfer to the Almhof Roswitha in Hochschwendberg. After the check-in, we head to the new Möslbahn, (lays directly behind the hotel), and go up to the ski resort of Mayrhofen. Today, we work on our skiing technique on the slope and start the LVS basic training. After getting used to the equipment, the mountain guide introduces you to the skiing technique for the off piste. After this, our focus goes to the LVS device and learning about the avalanche awareness with our safety equipment.
2. – 4. day: Day tours, adjusted to your skills – ascending techniques and track systems. In the next few days we try to apply the knowledge and new taught skills in the off piste. Depending on the abilities, we try out several ascents and descents to refine the skiing in off piste and ascending with skis. The highlight will be to reach an easy ski touring summit. The course ends on Sunday ca. at 16:00 clock.
Includet in the price
- 4 days organisation by a state-proved mountain & ski guide
- 3 nights with half board in a double room classic in Almhof Roswitha
- 1 x Skipass
- Rental equipment LVS, probe & shovel
- Education document Safety Academy
- Lecture weather & avalanche
- Tour bus of the alpine school
The Roswitha is located at 1400 meters above sea level, embedded in a unique winter wonderland of Schwendau in Zillertal. Winter joys, powder snow and crackling log fire, this is your home away from home. Enjoyment, relaxation, peace and power on the mountain.
Included in the price:
- Double Classic
- Shower / WC / hairdryer, SAT-TV / telephone / radio / balcony
- Daily vital organic breakfast buffet
- With love cooked 4-course dinner menu + salad buffet
- Cuddly bathrobes / sauna basket
- Free toiletries in the room
- Use of the sauna area
- Source fresh mountain water in the room
- Ski room / ski boot dryer
- WLAN access
It can be booked at any time at an additional cost to other room types.
- European travel insurance – on request, you can receive an offer from us
- Surcharge 3 nights € 30.- only double room classic possible
- Local tax € 2,20, - per person / night (to be paid locally at the hotel)
- 4 days ski touring equipment, boots & skis & skins & poles. On request, you can receive an offer from us
All important information
Condition for ascents up to 800Hm
You can ski on black slopes with a safe parallel swing, ski tour experience not required
10.01. - 13.01.2019
17.01. - 20.01.2019
02.07. - 10.02.2019
21.02. - 23.02.2019
21.03. - 24.03.2019
further dates on request
09:00 clock at our alpine school
4 - 8 people per guide
€ 750, - per person
You should register as early as possible to reserve your desired date. After we have received your registration, you will get a written confirmation. We then ask you to make a deposit. The remaining balance will be due on-site at the beginning of the tour.
Book a winter activity until 30st September 2018 and you get 5 % discount!