Ski touring weekend Weidener hut
Rustic comfort & super ski touring terrain
The area around the Weidener hut suits perfectly for an intensive course weekend with special atmosphere and fits those who are looking for a large selection of tours in a winter wonderland. Easy or hard, all different levels of ski tours can be found here, and your technique can be improved with the expert guiding of your mountain guide. Together you will learn, by reading the weather and avalanche prognosis, how the perfect ski tour can be planned to have the best ascending and descending routes. Gain more knowledge in the use of the LVS, shovel, probes and learn about snow and avalanche awareness.
Program 3 days
1. day: 10:00am meeting point at the parking lot Innerst with the mountain guide. After a short material check, we ascent the winter route ca. 2 hours up to the Weidener hut. After arrival, we chat about the procedure of the course and start the introduction of the LVS basic knowledge. Ascent 600hm
2. - 3. day: The following days include a lot of training. Finding the best track, the perfect powder technique in untracked terrain, LVS basic knowledge & training, snow and avalanche knowledge, interpretation of the avalanche & weather prognosis, tour planning with the implication of alpine dangers, orientation with maps and modern apps, the optimal equipment for ski touring and how to find the best snow quality for the descent.
Ski touring aims around the hut: Torspitze 2663m, Geier 2857m, Torwand 2768m, Sonnenspitze 2619m, Torspitzüberschreitung, etc... ascent: 800hm; descent 800hm;
Includet in the price
- 3 days of organisation and guiding by a state-proved mountain guide
- 2 nights with half board at the Weidener hut
- Rental of LVS, probe & shovel
- Education document Safety Academy
- Lecture weather & avalanche
- European travel insurance – on request, you can receive an offer from us
- Optional: 5 days ski touring equipment, shoes, skis, skins and poles. On request, you can receive an offer from us
All important information
Condition for ascents up to 900Hm
You can ski on slopes with a safe parallel momentum. Ski tour experience is not required
25.01. - 27.01.2019
15.02. - 17.02.2019
03.08. - 10.03.2019
further dates on request
10:00 am Meeting point is at the car park Innerst
4 - 8 people per guide
€ 475, - per person
You should register as early as possible to reserve your desired date. After we have received your registration, you will get a written confirmation. We then ask you to make a deposit. The remaining balance will be due on-site at the beginning of the tour.
Book a winter activity until 30st November 2018 and you get 5 % discount!