Skitour week Lizumer Hut
Beginner course ski touring
The Lizumer hut in the Tuxer alps, is a snow-guaranteed and dreamlike ski touring paradise. The surrounding mountains are ideal for gaining experience and deepen the knowledge and practice of ski touring. The comfortable hut lays on 2019m and offers a large terrain for exciting powder runs and ascents until 900 hm. Easy or hard, all different levels of ski tours can be found here, and your technique can be improved with the expert guiding of the mountain guide. Together you will learn, by reading the weather and avalanche prognosis, how a perfect ski tour is planned and to have the best ascent and descending routes.
Program 5 days
1. day: 10:00 meeting point the parking lot Walchen with the mountain guide. After a short material check, we ascent on the winter route ca. 3 hours to the Lizumer hut. After arrival, we have a chat about the course procedure and start the course with the LVS basic knowledge. Ascent 600 hm.
2. - 4. day: The following days include a lot of training. Finding the best track, the perfect powder technique in untracked terrain, LVS basic knowledge & training, snow and avalanche knowledge, interpretation of the avalanche & weather prognosis, tour planning with the implication of alpine dangers, orientation with maps and modern apps, the optimal equipment for ski touring and how to find the best snow quality for my descent.
Ski touring aims around the hut: Torspitze 2663m, Geier 2857m, Torwand 2768m, Sonnenspitze 2619m, Torspitzüberschreitung, etc... Ascent 800hm; descent 800hm;
5. day: We use the last day for a small ski tour and for the revision of the course. After that, we descent together to the parking lot Walchen. Course end ca. 16:00 clock
- 5 days of organisation and guiding by a state-proved mountain-ski guide.
- 4 nights with half board at the Lizumer hut
- Rental of LVS, probe & shovel
- Education document Safety Academy
- Lecture weather & avalanche
- European travel insurance – on request, you can receive an offer from us
- Optional: 5 days ski touring equipment, shoes, skis, skins and poles. On request, you can receive an offer from us
In the heart of the Tuxer (ski) Alps
Good food from Lizumer and cellar
* Tyrolean cuisine with delicacies and Tyrolean specialties
* "That's how the mountains taste"
* Special half board, inexpensive AV mountain climbing meal
* Breakfast buffet: coffee or tea, bread (bread and black bread), butter, jam, cheese, sausage, marmot
* Coffee: in seven variations
* 4 course evening menu, choice of meat or vegetarian. Breakfast buffet, free march for the tour.
* Gluten-free or vegan possible, extra charge € 3,00
All important information
Condition for ascents up to 900Hmrequirements:You can ski on slopes with a safe parallel momentum.
Ski tour experience not required
14.01. - 18.01.2019
28.01. - 01.02.2019
18.02. - 22.02.2019
04.03. - 08.03.2019
further dates on request
Meeting point: 10:00 am Parking Walchen (military training area) Lizum
Minimum: 4 - 8 people per guide
Price: € 790, - per person
You should register as early as possible to reserve your desired date. After we have received your registration, you will get a written confirmation. We then ask you to make a deposit. The remaining balance will be due on-site at the beginning of the tour.
Book a winter activity until 30st September 2018 and you get 5 % discount!