With practice-oriented decision-making strategies
Based on the classic snow and avalanche science in combination with the avalanche situation report, decision-making concepts have to be found. With this information, you make your decisions regarding the current situation, form your own opinion for the right strategy. Detect potentially dangerous slopes with a snow cover examination and take the right safety measures to avoid extreme situations.
December - April
from 3 people € 135 p.p. 1 - 2 people € 400
from 12 years
min. 1 person, max. 6 people
You can ski on all slopes safely and even with short off-piste runs you have no trouble.
- Theory and practice in dealing with emergency equipment and avalanche training
- Deepening in snow and avalanche science
- Snow cover examination in the terrain (systematic snow cover diagnosis)
- Terrain assessment (recognition of hazard signs in the terrain)
- Route planning for the descent
- Safety measures in the ascent and descent
- Interpretation of the avalanche situation report
- Decision-making strategies (snowcard, stop or go, reduction method)
- Training led by UIAGM Mountain & Ski guide
- Loaner avalanche transceiver, probe, & shovel
- Loaner Ortovox ABS Airbag backpack
- Snow Safety card
- Lift ticket
What ski equipment do I need for an avalanche course?
For an avalanche course you will need ski touring equipment or ski equipment - this will be arranged in advance depending on the day's planning. We are happy to advise you and together with your mountain guide you can hire suitable skis from one of our partner shops in the morning.
Do I get a discount if I bring my own equipment?
Of course, you are welcome to use your own equipment. This is even particularly good, because then you learn to use your own equipment. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a discount, as we generally provide the necessary safety equipment free of charge.
What should I bring?
Backpack, if available your own avalanche transceiver equipment (is included), skis and poles, helmet.
Do I need a lift ticket?
This depends on the planning of the mountain guide. A lift ticket does not need to be bought the day before.
Please fill out the following form as completely as possible. The fields marked with * are mandatory!