Beginners course ski touring
Ski touring course with technique training
This basic course with ski technique training is the perfect start for beginners. If you are an enthusiastic skier who likes snowy mountains, can ski confidently on slopes and has a good physical fitness to tackle ascents - then you have all you need for your first ski tour. Enjoy our diversified beginners’ program far away from the daily stress and hectic in the comfortable Hotel Almhof Roswitha in Hochschwendberg / Schwendau.
Program 4 days
Meeting point at 09:00 am at the alpine school Mountain Sports. Greeting and material check, followed by the transfer to the Almhof Roswitha in Hochschwendberg. As soon as we have checked in, we head off to the new Möslbahn, (located directly behind the hotel), and go up to the ski resort in Mayrhofen. On our first day we will work on our skiing technique on the slope and start with the basic training for avalanche victim search. Once we are used to the equipment, the mountain guide will introduce you to the off piste skiing technique. Later on, we will focus on the avalanche transceiver device and learn about avalanche awareness with our safety equipment.
Day 2 - 4:
Day tours adjusted to your skills – ascending techniques and tracking systems. In the next few days we will practise our newly acquired knowledge and skills off piste. Depending on the level we have reached, we will try several ascents and descents to refine the ski ascending and off piste skiing. The highlight will be to reach an easy ski touring summit. The course ends on Sunday approx. at 16:00 h.
- 4 days organization by a state certified mountain & ski guide
- 3 nights with half board in a double room classic in Almhof Roswitha
- 1 x Ski ticket
- Rental equipment avalanche transceiver, probe & shovel
- Education document Safety Academy
- Lecture about weather & avalanches
- Tour bus of the alpine school
- European travel insurance – on request we can send you an offer
- Surcharge for single occupancy 3 nights € 30,00 per person (only double room classic possible)
- Local tax € 2,20 per person/night (to be paid at the hotel)
- 4 days ski touring equipment, boots, skis, skins and poles. On request we can send you an offer
The Roswitha is located at 1400 meters above sea level, embedded in a unique winter wonderland of Schwendau in Zillertal. Winter joys, powder snow and crackling log fire, this is your home away from home. Enjoyment, relaxation, peace and power on the mountain.
Included in the price:
- Double Classic
- Shower / WC / hairdryer, SAT-TV / telephone / radio / balcony
- Daily vital organic breakfast buffet
- Lovingly prepared 4-course dinner menues + salad buffet
- Cuddly bathrobes / sauna basket
- Free toiletries in the room
- Use of the sauna area
- Fresh spring mountain water in the room
- Ski room / ski boot dryer
- WLAN access
It can be booked at any time at an additional cost to other room types.
All important information
Condition for ascents up to 800 meters. You should be able to ski black slopes and do safe and confident parallel turns. Ski tour experience is not necessary
10.01. - 13.01.2019
17.01. - 20.01.2019
02.07. - 10.02.2019
21.02. - 23.02.2019
21.03. - 24.03.2019
further dates on request
09:00 am at our alpine school
4 - 8 people per guide
€ 750, - per person
DOWNLOAD as PDF file
(general information, equimpent lists, useful links and more)
You should register as early as possible to reserve your desired date. After we have received your registration, you will get a written confirmation. We then ask you to make a deposit. The remaining balance will be due on-site at the beginning of the tour.
Book a winter activity until 30st November 2018 and you get 5 % discount!